Get further information or apply right away
Packaging Sustainability Manager
- Home Counties, London, South East, South West
- Permanent, Full time
- 65,000 - 75,000
- Plus strong bonus & blue chip benefits
- Non-food, Packaging, Research & Development, Sustainability
Packaging Sustainability Manager
c£75k (dependent on experience) plus excellent bonus opportunity & strong benefits package
- Our client is a global leader in life sciences and healthcare solutions.
- Sustainability is their #1 priority, hence the creation of two Packaging Sustainability Manager roles to improve the sustainability credentials of their global packaging.
- Board-level endorsement demonstrates our client’s real commitment to sustainability but also highlights the important role of packaging; these will be high profile roles!
- These are very much technical expertise roles when it comes to packaging, sustainability and emerging technologies.
- Working from the UK you will operate within a Global Excellence hub, interacting with teams in Europe & US (Development Centre’s & Commercial Offices) and will be the owner of the sustainability strategy for a packaging type – across categories, brands and pack formats.
- You will be at the forefront of development and identification of new packaging solutions to deliver against sustainability commitments.
- Externally this is an influential role and you would drive public awareness of the commitment to partnerships & emerging packaging technology via coalitions, institutions, and trade media.
- Establish new and maintain existing key external partnerships (in collaboration with Procurement) to effectively foster sustainable growth and ability to contribute to and influence technology pipeline.
- Passionate about sustainability, naturally curious and a strong communicator who can be a driver for change.
- We are looking for individuals who can own & drive the global strategy and implementation of emerging packaging technology platforms across the business.
- BSc degree in Packaging Engineering, Packaging Technology or other relevant technical discipline with extensive experience within FMCG packaging development & innovation.
- A proven track record in managing ‘new to category’ packaging technologies, including the creation, development and delivery of ownable structural and functional consumer impactful packaging innovations, resulting in notable commercial impact and sustainability benefit.
- Finally, as these are newly created roles there is no roadmap and we need individuals who are agile, can deal with ambiguity and are strong communicators, both within the R&D function but also the wider business of Marketing, Procurement & senior leaders and externally (Suppliers, Retail Partners) given the high visibility & priority level these roles hold.
Benefits & details:
- A progressive and flexible working culture based on delivery; with a hybrid working (50:50 office/home).
- Office is based Berkshire – accessible from M40 / M4 / M3 areas.
- Up to £75k (dependent of experience) plus strong bonus & blue-chip package.
- Recognised as a Great Place to Work and are fully committed to their people; proving a superb working environment; leading training & development; and providing phenomenal career opportunities, whether locally or globally.
Please send your CV using the form on this page, quoting reference 8/16073/7. Confidentiality assured.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please search our vacancies on this site.