Get further information or apply right away
Site & Customer Technical Manager
- Central England, East Midlands, West Midlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 40,000 - 49,000
- Car, pension & benefits
- Food & Drink, Technical
**Live role with interviews happening now** We are currently looking Site & Customer Technical Manager to work for a leading Fresh Produce business.
- Leading Fresh Produce supplier to the UK retailers & foodservice
- This award-winning business has a highly ethical approach towards manufacturing, employees and customer relationships
- This customer orientated business is now looking for a Site & Customer Technical Manager to join to drive site quality objectives and be point contact for one of their key current customers.
- As Site & Customer Technical Manager, you will have responsibility for driving the site quality objectives to ensure that products are of the highest quality, meeting best practice guidelines and customer requirements.
- You’ll have hands on leadership and management of the Site Quality and Product Teams. Where you will foster a passion for continual improvement through training & motivating a team.
- For the customer you’ll proactively work to exceed expectations on technical and product knowledge, industry developments, quality delivery and innovation to enable timely and commercially driven delivery of agreed technical plans and KPI targets
- Expect regular customer interaction where you will provide regular technical updates, internally and externally, regarding industry and legislation developments, variety & sourcing options and any upcoming seasonal changes in the context of sound understanding of the local and global marketplace. Obviously working closely with the procurement team to get required information for sourcing options and conditions
- Be the “subject matter expert” for product knowledge across a wide array of Fresh Produce, understanding fully the products they supply and the challenges and opportunities presented during sourcing, distribution, packing and at shelf edge throughout the seasons
- The ideal Site & Customer Technical Manager candidate must have experience in Fresh Produce, Fresh Food or Horticultural production environment
- Can demonstrate balancing customer, supplier, product & process focus, resilient and proactive.
- Strength in leading and managing teams – can demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication and managerial skills
- Experience of quality management systems implementation and review
- Experienced Auditor carrying audits based on BRC & Customer audits.
- Ideally educated to Degree Level in a Food Science, Horticulture or Agricultural Based Discipline or equivalent.
- HACCP Level 3
Benefits & details:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience) plus car, pension and benefits
- Initial working pattern: Tuesday – Saturday; with flexibility to move to Monday – Friday
- Based in Warwickshire
Please send your CV using the form on this page, quoting reference 8/13977/7. Confidentiality assured.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please search our vacancies on our website.