Get further information or apply right away
Trainee Recruitment Consultant
- Permanent, Full time
- Highly competitive
- Industry leading commission scheme
- eCommerce, Food & Drink, Leisure, Non-food, Retail, Recruitment, Sales
Why work with Seven?
We are a leading provider of recruitment solutions to the Retail & Consumer Goods sector. That means we are one of the top players in our field and we pride ourselves on standing for quality and providing an excellent service. As a business we have been around a while (20yrs!) which means we offer stability and experience as well as somewhere you can learn from the best in a structured environment.
We have offices in central Leeds and London SE1. In Leeds we are near the train station in a spacious office where you will feel at home; there is a café and terrace plus lots of comfy places to work. For the duration of your training you’ll need to be in the office but once you’re settled into the role our flexible working policy will apply and you can choose to work from home 2 midweek days per week if you wish.
Our leadership team has all been promoted from within, reflecting our commitment to progress and develop our people. We have an ambitious but realistic business plan over the next three years to significantly increase both the turnover and size of our team providing several opportunities for progression and development.
What’s good about working in Retail & Consumer Goods?
This is a fast-moving sector with constant change which means plenty of innovation and a lot to learn. It’s a resilient industry as the demand for food and goods is constant; the majority of our clients are food manufacturers or retailers so we have been fortunate our services have remained in demand throughout recent global events.
We are all Consumers, so you already have a head-start in this industry. Our clients are iconic brands such as Red Bull, Hovis, Aldi, Ocado, Costa, Premier Foods, Nisa, Spar UK, Müller and Ferrero UK, so you’re familiar with their products and will be ready to become ambassadors for their Employer brands.
What’s good about working in Recruitment?
You’ll never be bored or unstimulated because the possibilities are endless in this sector and role. You’ll make new connections every week and you’ll never stop expanding your network and talking to new people. You will help your clients grow and develop their teams, while building long-lasting relationships will help you to grow as a professional and develop your own personal brand and style.
You’ll be the one of the first to hear about new product launches and innovation from clients. Constant exposure to different businesses and candidates will make you a specialist in your area whether it’s Retail Operations, Marketing, Sales or Supply Chain & Logistics (to name a few).
What you’ll do…
This a process-driven role that requires structure and organisation but you will be given autonomy to plan your day and develop your own approach. Your responsibilities will include;
- Finding available and relevant candidates via several ‘Search’ methods including our database as well as tools and platforms such as LinkedIn.
- Researching the market, our clients, their competitors and trends to maintain a healthy understanding of their situation and requirements.
- Becoming an ambassador for our clients’ Employer brands and developing an ‘ear’ for the people they are looking for by understanding the detail and data you acquire.
- Reporting, candidate profiling, interviewing and database management.
- Collaborating with your team on specific business assignments.
- Working towards a full ‘360 degree’ recruiter role where you will source candidates and new vacancies, as well as manage recruitment processes from start to finish (following full training).
What you’ll receive…
- Comprehensive training in all areas of your role from the leaders in our business including client services and account management, business development, candidate approach, database management, negotiation and sales training.
- Marketing support including how to develop and maintain your personal brand as well as market your roles and candidates.
- Role progression to a full ‘360 degree’ position following your training period.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Our office is closed over the Christmas break.
- Supportive and sociable work environment.
- The usual office perks; gym, bike racks, coffee machine, healthy (and chocolate!) tuck shop etc.
- Flexible working once your initial training is complete.
- Team incentive trips (once permitted); previous trips include the Races, Amsterdam, team dinners and days out at a spa/golf course.
- Lots of team spirit with our group chats, virtual missions all over the globe, birthday treats and company Zooms (hopefully to be replaced with real-life get-togethers over the summer!).
- Remuneration! We provide a strong graduate salary and our Commission structure is competitive. Your earnings are uncapped.
What we are looking for…
- Excellent communication skills
- Ambition with an entrepreneurial/commercial flair
- High levels of professionalism and confidentiality
- Able to take ownership and responsibility
- A hard-working team player
- Naturally persuasive, resilient and excellent customer service skills
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking and prioritising skills
- A positive attitude
- An interest in Retail and/or Consumer Goods as a sector
- Some relevant work experience in Sales or similar goal-driven, competitive workplace is desirable.
If you meet the above criteria and would this opportunity excites you, please apply or call 0330 010 8327.
Find your new role
National Account Manager – Northern Mults
- Permanent, Full time
- Food & Drink, National Accounts, Sales
- Highly competitive Plus car